Winter Haven Housing Authority is a public housing organization that gives assistance to people with low or no income, located in Winter Haven, Florida. It provides Section 8 and public housing. Their goal is to give affordable housing and help people find better living arrangements. I aim to improve their reputation and relationship with the public.
This public relations project includes:
- Cover letter
- Media Plan
- News Release
- Fact Sheet & Backgrounder
- Website plan
- Blog Entry
- Social Media Plan
Winter Haven Housing Authority (WHHA) is a public housing organization that gives assistance to people with low or no income, located in Winter Haven, Florida. Overseeing 164 public housing and over 400 individuals, its mission is to provide an affordable, safe, and secure housing for its clients.
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide assistance for people in need of better living arrangements.
- Consistent monthly housing evaluations.
- To support and assist affordable housing within the community.
- Provide supportive services that help residents increase their income.
- Increase the number of affordable housing units.
- Diversify housing portfolio.
- Complete construction and build up to 50 housing units.
- Maintain a strong mission-based staff.
- Hire employees with high values.
- Provide staff with training based on self-development.
- Continue to educate staff on housing laws and give opportunities to receive certifications.
Along with providing affordable housing and mission-based staff, WHHA offers special events, programs, and training, that benefit everyone who lives there, from children to senior citizens. For example, the organization provides a Senior Health Fair, Family Self-Sufficiency Program, and Journey Learning Center. One thing that set Winter Haven Housing Authority apart from other housing authorities is its desire to help other succeed.
Winter Haven Housing Authority’s mission is to provide an affordable, safe, and secure housing for its clients. Additionally, they offer special events, programs and training for all of their residents in its three communities: Lake Deer, Lucerne Park and Grove Manor Village. This organization has a desire to help its residents succeed.
The following are the stories that I plan to run for my client:
- WHHA cares.
- Senior Health Fair: An event that focuses on improving the health of senior citizens.
- Community C.A.R.E.S. Festival: An event that celebrates the essence of family and community.
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program: This event provides individuals and their families the opportunity to become financially, independent, and economically self-sufficient.
- WHHA encourages giving back to the community.
- “Pay It Forward”: An event that gives residents the opportunity to help other families in need.
My goals are to generate a more positive image for WHHA, while also bringing more families to the area that are in need of WHHA assistance. Each story will view WHHA as a “community” involving the residents, the organization, and the staff as a whole.
Fact Sheet & Backgrounder
Winter Haven Housing Authority Web Homepage Outline
Page Name: Winter Haven Housing Authority
Headline: Welcome to the Winter Haven Housing Authority!
Visual: Picture of the Winter Haven Housing Authority main office.
Copy: Apply for Housing!
Visual: Slideshow of the communities: Lake Deer, Lucerne Park and Grove Manor Village.
Copy: Check out our latest blog.
Visual: Picture of the last blog posted.
Copy: Event Calendar
Visual: Slideshow of the current events.
Winter Haven Housing Authority Contact Us page Outline
Page Name: Contact Us
Headline: Questions or Comments?
Visual: Slideshow of the communities.
Copy: Contact Form with sections: Name, Email, Phone, and Comment.
Title: Winter Haven Housing Authority improving seniors’ health
The Winter Haven Housing Authority (WHHA) likes to set high standards when it involves helping the residents in the communities. Every year, WHHA provides programs and events to assist in the residents’ success. One main event it holds annually is the Senior Health Fair.
According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, unhealthy eating and physical inactivity are leading causes of death in the U.S. People are dying. WHHA is having their fifth annual Senior Health Fair on Saturday, May 21, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. This year’s event will focus on fitness with the theme: “Growing Healthier, Wiser, and Stronger”.
“Our goal this year is to introduce our seniors to local organizations,” said Lisa Landers, supervisor of WHHA. “We hope to provide the services needed to help them maintain an active, healthy lifestyle through good nutrition, preventive care, and physical fitness.”
Here are some helpful tips on how to stay healthy and fit at the age of 60 and older:
- Exercise at least 3 times a week (Yes, walking counts!)
- Drink water every day!
- Involve your friends and family
- They can continue to motivate you, while you can influence them.
- Maintain a good attitude and stay positive!
For more helpful tips on how to stay a healthy and fit senior visit: http://sixtyandme.com/want-to-stay-in-shape-after-60-get-started-here/
Social Media Plan
- This social media plan consists of posts for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.